Thursday, May 14, 2009


So ‘ham
The meaning of this Mantra is “I am that”
“ A simple breath mantra. Repeat “so” on the outbreath then “hum” on the inbreath. When you begin, with each out breath, you may become conscious of the act of giving and letting go. With each inbreath you may be aware of receiving, of honouring the Self in this moment. Eventually, all intentions dissolve into the simple pulsation of the mantra’s sonic qualities, bringing stillness and peace within the rhythm that is like serene ocean waves”
-Christopher D Wallis (Yoga Journal May 2009)
Hummmmm Ocean Waves - The Ocean is different on the Left Coast so is the sky - in fact it is still bright at 10:00 pm where I am. The colors of the sky and the mountains are something you can’t feel on a photo and when you see the mountains you feel them. Feel the mountain when you practice tad asana. Be the ocean when you practice Fish !
Being blessed by the experience of feeling the salt water in my veins as a Nova Scotian and now tasting the salt of the Pacific rainforest on my skin my yoga practice is grounded in the knowledge of the connectedness of coastal dwellers.
People here are so friendly it is like I never left home - I do miss all you NS Yoginies out there and I think of you daily in my practice and I’m sure that I will bring home all the Lovely Yoginies of the west coast when I return in July.
I’m currently preparing to do 10 Kripalu Yoga sessions here in Charlotte during May and June starting May 26.
For the food network people at home I’ve connected with a network here who are working on the same issues we are at home and I hope to learn from them more about how that is unfolding here.
I live next door to a professional storyteller who is about to do a benefit show as a fundraiser for a festival that takes place here call “The festival at the Edge of the World” I’ll keep you updated on that since we plan to go.
The photos which follow are from a walk about of the village today. Hope you can get a sense of life here and its casual pace. Perhaps by the time I go back to Guysborough there may be folks here who would like to see the same photo journal of my home village
So’ ham
Find the mantra that works for you
Love and Light
Chris




















No comments: