Sunday, October 17, 2010

Purple Onion Stew and The Ground grind


Well folks this is attempt # 5 at the promised Java Jive on another 2 well known gathering points on Haida Gwaii





                             

This is the Purple Onion, a place in Charlotte where you can plug in to the local news of the day, meet friends, get to know  what makes a town tick and argue about the politics of the day ....or just maybe sit in the sun or the mist and watch the tide of visitors in Charlotte ebb and flow. That is a good thing . The sandwiches here are reputed to be fantastic but smiles are not always free here.  
  

The big purple couch and chair here will  make you feel like royalty and there is  a kooky sense of humor in the decor as you can see from the aptly labeled Leek room.(washroom)





Now if you were to travel north to Masset  you will find a new little Java hut called the Ground. The coffee here is fantastic and the service is very friendly.





Sydney, a name I wouldn't forget since it reminds me of home, is a great barrista who will add a lovely artistic swirl to your latte for you to contemplate while you get your hit of caffeine



 


 


Like Queen B's there is a display of local artisans for sale. The work on the left was very interesting ceramic but it looked like stone that was stitched together ...real wow factor if you could see it up close!

I think that there must be Gremlins in my computer or this post was just jinxed from the start.  I made so many attempts to publish this and couldn't get it off the ground .....so here goes ......I'm going for a cuppa ....this time I'm back in NS and counting on good quality Green Tea to  get me where I need to be.

Love and light
Chris




1 comment:

Kristie said...

Hi Chris. I'm glad this post finally worked out! Looks like some quirky/cozy places you found. Wish there was one like this near my house. I hope life back in NS is peaceful and happy.