Sunday, October 17, 2010

Crazy Things I Love

"SORRY WE''RE OPEN"

That is actually a sign we spotted on a shop in Haida Gwaii  I just love these Boo Boos ...we need to have a smile now and then to cut through the mist and fog in our lives. 

There was another one "Bed and Make Your Own Breakfast" ......after all you are still really sleeping in someone's house when you stay at a B&B and if the breakfast call ends at 8:00 AM and you are beat to a snot from traveling the day before and you would like to sleep in till 8:00 AM .  ahem




These do not need any further comment. They made me smile every day.





This friendly, smiling Santa is by the Smoothy Shop all year round and we visited him in August ....as you can see he just finished watering his garden and is checking his list  with the help of  Isadore.



At the Festival at the Edge of the World in Haida Gwaii there are a number of outhouses ....There is also a contest for businesses in the area to come up with the best decorated KYBO.  This one was the winner (missing from the picture is the waiting bench with wonderful potted plants and outdoor coffee table).  The inside was the prettiest outhouse I ever saw ...complete with hand sanitizers, room deoderizor,  classy magazines (in a rack) ,fresh flowers ....etc ...you get the picture.





I would have driven by this one but I found that the food is actually really good here and the place is quite pleasant. The break-wich bun is awesome.  





No s--- is right!  I can't believe that the 4x4 took this hill ....this is almost a 90 degree drop...."white knuckle-ly"  Sunday drive to Rennell Sound.



This is no Joke ....These signs are all over Haida Gwaii ...a reality of the changing climate and living on the Pacific Coast.



Finally,  This is one that  only a homesick Cape Bretoner would really get ....Jim spied this piece of bark on the hike to Bonanza Beach, and kid you not, he saw the map of CB here complete with the Bras d'Or Lakes.

Ouch now that I'm back home, and trust me I love it here, I feel a little tinge of homesickness for the quirks  of Haida Gwaii and all the gentle folk out there. 

It is true what Jon Kabat Zann said "Where ever you go ...there you are"  I do see myself in the good people I meet where ever I go LOVE IT!

Love and light
Chris




1 comment:

Tara Muise said...

awesome pics! i've been following your blog, but through a different program (couldn't comment). looks great!