Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Soon To Be Heading Back East ...

As we ease through the Summer Solstice, savouring the longest daylight of the year (even more pronounced at this latitude), I present my final entry from the “Left Coast”, as we look toward our home in Guysborough where we will return with hearts brimming full of joyful memories and wonderful energy. The fifty days have gone by so quickly; the week that remains will be just a blur.

Since my last entry, I have been privileged to attend a Healing Circle in Skidegate, a Haida community near here. It was tremendously revealing and inspiring. I consequently heard about, and was able to take advantage of a session on an Amethyst Stone Bio-Mat. I will share much more info on that later(Google it, if you’d like); suffice to say that the experience was quite unique … I am going back for a second session before we leave in a week’s time.

Two other recent highlights would have to be the local celebration of “Hospital Day” (like all of Come Home Week squeezed into 24 hours) and our Fathers’ Day Hike to the Pesuta, an eighty year-old shipwreck 5 km up a beach. (that’s 10 k round-trip) The accompanying photos give a hint of both of those experiences.

My yoga sessions here on Haida Gwaii will end this Thursday, and, I must say that I have really appreciated the opportunity to maintain my focus both on and off the mat, and to have the privilege to share my time with some wonderful inspiring yoginis.

I will close now with a thought that I heard expressed at the Healing Circle in Skidegate …


Each of us comes from different life experiences, and this combined diversity is a potent force.”; a great reminder that we are all connected. We are all One.

Namaste,

Chris











No comments: